Friends of Pevensey Bay Library
Keeping a Library in Pevensey Bay
Pevensey Bay Library and Community Hub
A community empowered by shared knowledge, information and imagination.
To make a positive difference to people’s lives through a shared love of reading and access to high quality information, facilities and events.
Key Features of the Proposal
Our proposal to set up a new charitable organisation, Pevensey Bay Library & Community Hub (PBL & CH):
- Offers a vision of a vibrant engaged community with opportunities for people to improve their lives and help other people, including access to new computers.
- Proposes open, accountable and democratic governance with a voting membership.
- Ensures resources are effectively used through a commitment to adapt the future service offered in response to community feedback.
- Provides better opportunities for young people and children, an area of local need identified by ESCC.
- Includes a subscribing membership within the community to the charity which will encourage active participation of volunteers and financial sustainability but keep the library free at the point of use.
- Will make more efficient use of the building through programming clubs and events outside opening hours for the general public.
- Provides a commitment to investigate a more accessible location with lower building costs in the medium term.
- Provides a framework for monitoring success including quality of the service provided through feedback forms.