Friends of Pevensey Bay Library
The Library Service
What did ESCC Library Membership Offer?
- Four computers, all with the full Office suite of programmes and easy online access.
- There was a scanner, photocopier and colour printer (pay as you go).
- There was access to Parish Council Minutes, local history books, a quality national newspaper, local newspaper, leaflets on local courses and events.
- You could apply for a bus pass and collect the documents for blue badge parking applications.
- It had a children’s corner & ran the summer reading challenge encouraging local children to read over the summer holidays, it also had a teen section and graphic novels.
- There was a large public information notice board in the entrance.
- Membership of ESCC library service gave you access to a huge and varied bookstock from every library in East Sussex (including the store), as well as Ebooks and magazines through their library management system
- Bookstock in the library, including large print books, novels and information books, that were regularly refreshed.
- Access to a national newspaper
What will the future Library Service offered by Volunteer Network CIC include?
Some details on the winning bid are available on this link - Pevensey Bay Community Library: ESCC Report
Given the confusion that their low cost bid to the county council has caused, a bigger focus on the library in Volunteer Network CIC's most recent newsletter is really welcome. In particular, the decision to invest in an online Library Management System to underpin a quality library service, despite it not being included in their approved bid, is encouraging. See extract below.
The library is expected to re-open in September/October.